Senior Ruby on Rails Developer (m/f) in Berlin
Berlin, start time: asap
We tackle a huge problem in retail - that costs retailers billions a year and creates tons of waste. That problem is customer returns. In retail, around 15% of all products sold get returned. 50% of these returned products are either damaged, open-box or show signs of usage. These returns can’t be resold as new and often simply get discarded. That’s over a billion products a year in Germany alone. While painful for retailers, returns have been accepted as a cost of doing business and until now the environmental impacts have been overlooked. Despite the volume and potential value of products in the reverse supply chain, most retailers lack the core capacity to inspect and remarket returned inventory and take advantage of multichannel dispositions that are available.
malindo provides processes and a technology solution that connects these goods directly to consumers, cutting out all middlemen and increasing recovery value for retailers, while giving consumers great deals and reducing environmental waste.
We are looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer that shares our vision and wants to build something exciting and fresh from the ground up!
As a core member of our development team, you will help to build our API-centric Ruby on Rails application
- 2+ years professional software development experience (preferably in Ruby on Rails).
- Team player with excellent written and spoken English communication skills.
- Real-world experience shipping one or more large-scale, high-availability internet applications
- Experience writing RESTful web service APIs.
- Solid relational database design fundamentals.
- Distributed version control with Git.
Nice to have:
Working experience with android or iOS developers is a plus i.e. building APIs that are consumed by native mobile applications or Frontend web applications like Angular.js or React
What we offer:
- A job position with a bright future in a fast growing company and innovative industry
- A small team of super smart, experienced and driven people that believe in changing things for the better.
- Direct influence on anything you build: We know what we want to do, but if you know a better solution, we will go your way.
- A working atmosphere based on direct communication and feedback with no bureaucracy or unneccesary disturbance
- An environment to grow: visit conferences, get and give feedback and understand more than just the technical side of our business
- Lots of additional perks such as team events, lunches and dinners, free drinks and fruits, free of choice hardware …
We are super excited to hear from you! Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at malindo.